Monday, 25 November 2013

Fall/Winter 2013: Calling out for masculine patterns

Hello! Long time no see! Time has been mercilessly flying for me during this brief month or so, exams and different projects have taken a toll on me, and working hard day by day only accelerates this inevitable phenomenon. But finally I managed to pull myself together and do some justice to my blog.

This winter seems promising. There is chill in the air and it is a very good change from the usual hot climate here in India. So its time to get out those jackets, beanies, mufflers etc and keep yourself warm and stylish at the same time.

This years Fall trends are very interesting. As leopard prints, and colors like deep greens, grays, oranges and whites are still very "In", a touch of newness is brought in by prints like Herringbone, Houndstooth, pinstripes and Prince of Wales checks or Glen Plaid. These timeless business patterns are the real trends. Categorized broadly under men's classic prints, these old school prints and patterns have been brought in this season and were widely used on the ramp by many designers. It is all about the sophistication of the print, whether you are wearing for a say at work or casually.

While Pinstripes give that classy look with a feminine touch, Herringbone creates a stripy optical effect which definitely makes you look dashingly elegant. Houndstooth which has always been looked as the old school print, has been given a makeover and now it is everywhere from jackets to shoes. Plaid is another old traditional pattern that has made quite a buzz this year on the runway. Designers paired plaid with pinstripes, tweeds and other eye-catching prints for a hip take on the classic style.

So, if you are looking for a smart look this season then I definitely recommend you get some items in your wardrobe with these prints immediately. Go ahead and look chic and profoundly elegant. 

On the runway by Billy Reid


Me in Plaid




Herringbone pattern with winter colors


A hint of herringbone for those who don't like it to take big





Houndstooth on the Runway by Michael Kors


Adding some class with pinstripes



Perfect formal shirt this Fall



A well fitted Suit in pinstripes is a must.
by Zara 





Plaid on the runway

Who does not want to copy Alexa


Take on Plaid by Dolce & Gabbana

32 comments:

  1. Love all the trends you featured! Kisses! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved mixing masculine pieces with feminine pieces in fashion! One of the best parts of beign a woman is being able to wear both!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kirtana thank you for visiting my blog and follow me. I follow you on facebook and bloglovin. Kisses.
    Martha Zuniga
    www.dreamsandcoffeemoda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, I used to not be a big fan of plaids, but lately it's been everywhere and I'm really starting to like it! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant blog, great posts and beautiful proprietress! What to want more ...
    I'd love to follow you (bloglovin + GFC) and welcome to visit my
    blog about fashion - KatherineUnique.blogspot.com.


    Regards,
    Katherine Unique


    ReplyDelete
  6. Last days of giveaway! Hurry up http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love adding in some more masculine pieces to my wardrobe! Houndstooth is one of my favorites... but I would love to add some Tartan to my closet, too!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. So inspiring! Love these coats :)

    http://youcallmereckless.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your inspiration! Please Checkout my newest Fashion Shoot - I got some really glamourous Glitter-Dress... you'll love it!♡ Maybe you would also like to follow each other?! Tell me

    Kiss, Kyra
    www.kyras.de

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a big fan of the herringbone print! really love the dress with the orange accents!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Zara has some amazing coats in prints you've mentioned in this post :) I like all prints but if I had to choose, I'd go for houndstooth print. So classy! :)
    If you'd like to follow each other, just let me know. xx

    Maja
    http://modern-muffin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. We're loving houndstooth too! It's definitely a classic pattern!

    http://www.mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comments, if any!
will get back to you guys.
Much love. x